Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Joy

My goal is to find as much joy in life as my son finds playing in this water. 



I know that only through Jesus is this possible. I can truthfully say that at this point in my life, I am the happiest I have ever been. I know that God is the only one who can provide me with this amount of joy. I draw closer to Him each and every day.

Before, I would try to fill my voids with other things. Whether it be another person, a hobby, buying something or an array of other surface joys, I would never feel fully satisfied deep within my soul. Something was always missing. I know that in my life, Jesus is the water on that table my son is so captivated by. I pray that one day Grayson finds himself completely focused on God just like he is this water, but even moreso.

So today, when my son wanted to splash at that table and get himself soaking wet, I didn't stop him. I didn't stop him even though it was 40 degrees outside. I didn't stop him because that kind of joy is rare. I wanted him to experience that pure joy.  I want him to know what joy feels like so that as he grows he will identify God-given joy and happiness when it's even better than that feeling. Only then, will he realize just how incredible and almighty it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment