Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Twos Are Not Terrible

Life moves so quickly these days. I have missed so many blog-worthy opportunities this past year. Just in the past couple of months I've completely missed opportunities to write about Grayson's birthday party, Thanksgiving, our cruise to the Bahamas, Christmas, the new year and so much more. We had a wonderful holiday season and have once again been reminded of how abundant our blessings are. Instead of backtracking, I'm going to go from here.

Grayson is doing wonderfully and growing like a week every day. He has been sick with RSV, but is such a tough little man. As a matter of fact, I've been sick with the same thing and I think I'm more of a wimp than he is.

It doesn't appear that life will be slowing down anytime soon. Grayson keeps me grounded and reminds me to cherish each moment and take life one day at a time. 

Two year olds are so much fun. Yes, fun.

Twos are not terrible. I see why some people call it "the terrible twos," but I like to look at it in a more positive light.

Yes, the attitude is REAL. I can't lie, it makes me very proud to see that attitude. I'm proud that I've nurtured a baby into a child with his own desires and ideas. I appreciate the fact that he knows what he wants and he's willing to fight for it. I'm not going to crush his spirit because it's a little inconvenient for me to deal with sometimes. Parenting isn't about convenience.

I thought I was strong-willed, but this kid doesn't back down. I like that.

I can't even begin to imagine what that fire in his tiny soul will ignite in him. He has the capability to accomplish ANYTHING that he puts his mind to. This child will achieve his goals and if he wants something, it will be his. He does not give up. Mark my words. He's going to do big things.

Here are some of our recent photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment