Monday, July 21, 2014

A Masterpiece Takes Time

Little Man, you have sure kept me busy lately. It seems like this summer has been literally nonstop. Since we've been home from our trips, it's been something fun every weekend.

One of our most recent exciting events was our sweet friends Thomas and Amanda's wedding. You had the honor of being a ring bearer while I got to stand by them as a bridesmaid. You did so well and were absolutely adorable as always. It was so cool to have us both sharing in such a big day in their lives. It was a crisis because the suit that we rented for you was huge (size 4/5) and swallowed you whole. You wear a 2T so you must have been severely mismeasured at the fitting. We had to scramble the morning of the wedding and send both your Nana and Nene on a hunt to buy clothes that fit and matched the rest of the boys in the wedding. Luckily, they are awesome and it happened. I love getting to be your mom and take part in things like this. Your favorite part was wearing your new boots. You finally own a pair just like Daddy's. Here are a few photos of your handsome self...

You recently recovered from a nasty respiratory virus. When you get it, you get it bad (like Usher) because you have reactive airways. When you were 5 months old you caught RSV even though I was extremely OCD and germaphobic, so now you wheeze anytime you catch a cold. Thankfully, that hasn't been too often, because I hate when you're not well and because you hate your breathing treatments. 

Shortly after you recovered from that, you got attacked by ants. I thought you were simply picking grass or something until you started frantically sprinting across the yard and shaking your arms. I've only ran (possibly flown) to you that fast once before and that was when you tumbled down the stairs. It was incredibly sad and it freaked you out so badly that you pooped your pants. That's not a huge deal when you're in diapers, but it broke my heart for you. Fortunately, we had been swimming so there was a pool of water that I ran and dunked you into clothes and all. Your right arm wasn't so bad because it was the one I brushed the ants off of first, but they ate your left one up. They were trapped between your fingers and I had to pick them all out. There were over 50 bites in all, most of them on your left hand. It was horrible and you wouldn't go back into the grass for a few days. 

This week we have had a sleepover with our best friends for 4 nights in a row. Your daddy went to uncle Logan's bachelor party in Cancun so Christin and Kylar came to stay with us. We had so much fun. Since you have shown an interest in movies lately, we took you to the theater to see "Planes" and you did exceptionally well. I've never known a one year old to sit still through almost the entire thing. You slept through the first part, then watched most of it in my lap. It was only about the last 15 minutes that you started getting antsy so I took you to play Cruisin' USA in the arcade instead. You're obsessed with that game. 

You didn't act like you missed daddy that much, but you proved that you did when he got home. You were sound asleep but when he walked in the bedroom you opened your eyes and caught a glimpse of him. You smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen on your face. You continued smiling while in and out of sleep for no less than 30 minutes. It was so precious that I cried (embarrassing mom moment.) It makes me tearfully happy to see you that happy. 

On a better note, today we went to the zoo with Ashlee, Mason, Christin and Kylar. You constantly amaze me with how smart you are. You recognize a lot of the animals now. Seeing how you react differently than even a couple of months ago is really neat. This time, you loved the birds and fish. A bird actually landed on your head and you handled it like a total champ. You recognized the deer. You yelled "ohhhhh BAD BUG" at the tarantulas. You said "dog" excitedly when you saw the meerkat so I just went with it. You said "nuh uh" and made a scared face when the tiger got close to the glass (it freaks me out too buddy.) 
Last but not least, tonight was your first swim lesson. You did AMAZING. You're such a water baby. You're not the least bit timid in the water which scares me a tad, but that's exactly why we're taking lessons. I can't wait to see the skills you learn.
How will you be 20 months old in 3 days? I'm so proud of the little boy you are becoming. You have been such a happy baby from the start and now you're growing into such a pleasant little boy. If only I had known what God had in store for us... Your sweet soul was SO worth the wait! Now I know, a masterpiece takes time. You are truly beautiful inside and out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment